Feeling Off? Don’t Worry. It’s Going Around…
So…have you noticed that there’s kind of an energetic sh*tstorm going on?
If you have, rest assured that it’s going around…
It’s easy sometimes to get tunnel vision and give in to the belief that we’re the only ones feeling the way we’re feeling. Especially when we have any of the following symptoms of this unprecedented change.
I started keeping a list recently because so many people (myself included) have had so many of these commonalities lately. I don’t know about you, but I feel better even just knowing that I’m not th only one.
Common symptoms people have been experiencing:
(Where there was neither previously)
* Interpersonal conflicts (also known as, “everyone at work has gone f*cking crazy”)
* Being pissed off a lot
* Crying more often
* Hormonal f*ckedness
* Weird health issues
* Vacillating quickly and wildly between heart-shattering gratitude and soul-crushing grief for little external reason
* Seeing people from the past with whom you have unresolved (or simply unpleasant) histories
* Mixed-in moments of creativity, inspiration, efficiency, productivity; feeling like maybe you “get it” (ride those moments out, says I)
* Feeling like shit you had already dealt with is coming back for the umpteenth f*cking time
* PTSD symptoms
* Trouble sleeping
* Weird dreams
* General overwhelm
So what in the name of all that’s holy does it all mean?
Welp, it’s different for everyone. It might mean:
* Forgive some more
* Including yourself
* Follow your intuition
* Slow the f*ck down
* Keep going! Don’t give up!
* This is why you are doing this in the first place
* Change your direction, motherf*cker. Like, now.
* Lighten up
* Wake up and pay attention
* Be kinder
* To yourself as well
* Go to bed earlier
* Try acupuncture
* Eat a pizza, watch reruns of The Office, and go to bed at 7:45
* Take your vitamins
* Eat a vegetable
* Eat an ice cream
* Put down your phone
* Pick up your phone and call her, stupid
* Dump the bum
* Start. Now.
The fact that so many of us share so many of these changes and wake up calls and sign posts and dreams and bullshit is comforting to me. It feels like we’re all in this together (whatever “this” ends up being).
I feel like this is our chance to level-up.
And I feel certain that none of this is happening arbitrarily. I am certain that it’s all working out for our greatest good.
Hang in there,