I’ve got a bad case of the 90’s today! My era.
For the longest time, I couldn’t think of the 90’s as a musical decade, because it was just…music. The music of maudlin pre-hipsters and for real bad asses. I didn’t touch on boy bands or techno. The former because I don’t care for the genre and the latter because it deserves its own post.
- Santa Monica – Everclear
- Name – Goo Goo Dolls
- California Love – Tupac and Dr Dre
- Fantasy – Mariah Carey ft Ol’ Dirty Bastard (Now that I am 32, I can admit to liking this song. At the time, the windows had better be rolled up tight)
- Don’t Look Back in Anger – Oasis (My favourite song off this record. One of the lesser known songs, but the first bar hits me right in the feels)
- Linger – Cranberries
- 1979 – Smashing Pumpkins (Is there any album title that fits our generation better than “Melancholy and the Infinite Sadness”?)
- Unpretty – TLC
- Loser – Beck (Did you guys know Beck was a Scientologist?)
- Crash into Me – Dave Matthews Band
- Ride Wit Me – Nelly (this actually came out in 2000. Are we fighting? Are you a purist?)
- The Man who Sold the World – Nirvana (Unplugged) (the finest live album of our time. Arguments?)
- No Diggity – Blackstreet
- My Own Worst Enemy – Lit
I could easily do a sequel to this playlist. Or ten. Long after I’d completed this article, I kept thinking of new songs to add. Maybe next Monday. Let me know if you like it, or yell at me if I forgot your faves.