If you checked out last week’s blog post then you already know that moving day has come and gone and that I was feeling a bit emo about it.
Thank you to everyone who commented. You warmed my little heart.
If you’ve been reading this blog for any amount of time, you know that I use music to help process my feelings. (In addition to sharing them with you. So, thanks a heap!).
I made myself this Moving Day Playlist to listen to on rotation while I unpacked and spent time with some of my nearest and dearest these past few days in our new digs.
I’m happy to report that any lingering sadness over the old house has passed peacefully and all that’s left is to fully inhabit our new space with as much love as we can humanly muster.
Here are some sad songs, some Irish songs (because Ireland), some Dr Hook, some Motown.
I’m an eclectic bitch and it’s an eclectic mix.
I love you for sharing this journey with me. I can’t wait to share all the amazing stuff that comes out of my new headquarters once it’s up and bumping.
– Kathleen by Josh Ritter
I have tears. Every time.
– Fool in the Rain – Led Zeppelin
– Dirty Old Town – The Pogues
– Into the Mystic – Colin James
– The Wild Rover – The Dubliners
– Black Velvet Band – The Dubliners
– Carry Me Carrie (Live from Shel’s Houseboat) – Dr Hook and the Medicine Show
– Learn to be Still – Eagles
Surprisingly yogic in sentiment:
Though the world is torn and shaken
Even if your heart is breakin’
It’s waiting for you to awaken
And someday you will-
Learn to be still
– I Second That Emotion – Smokey Robinson and the Miracles
– Someday We’ll be Together – Diana Ross and the Supremes
– Breathe – Pink Floyd
Is it a crime to break up Dark Side of the Moon? Yes. Yes, it is.
– When You’re in Love with a Beautiful Woman – Dr Hook and the Medicine Show
– Drive – The Cars
You can hit up all of my playlists at my YouTube Channel as well as find my One Minute Meditations and my Miscarriage Survival Yoga Practice. Or you can head over to the page on clumsygrace that’s devoted entirely to playlists
With love and hope for new beginnings,
Like this Playlist? Share it with your friends.
Got songs that help you transition? Comment below!