Confession: I just got a new IPhone and I have no idea how to use it. I’ve been a Blackberry gal all this time because I love the keyboard. My IPod bit the dust the same day I got my new phone, so I’ve been transferring all my music from pod to phone.
I remember being a kid and having dinner with friends of ours’. While doing dishes, our friend, S would wash and then leave the dishes in the rack, “God’s doing the drying.”
That’s how this playlist came about. It’s 80% randomness because I don’t know how to use my phone and 20% I-really-love-that-song.
Sometimes you’ve just gotta let the Universal DJ do his thang…
(Sometimes, there’s no other choice)
* Get Back to Serenity – Vargo (from the Very Best of Cafe del Mar)
* Heading for the Sunrise – Steen Thottrup & Annette Berg (also from Cafe del Mar)
* Helpless – The Band feat. Neil Young (Concert Version from The Last Waltz)
(Cried during my own class while this one played.)
* Smile – Sierra Leon’s Refugee All Stars (You need to watch their story) My hubby and I saw them at Starbelly Jam this past summer. The only thing more striking than their story of triumph of the human spirit is their catchy smiles and joyful lyrics)
* Tura Lura Lura – The Band (Live at The Last Waltz)
Also made me cry.
* 100 Billion Stars – Lux (also from Cafe del Mar)
* Arms of Mary – Chilliwack (I love this song. It’s about doin’ it. Just sayin’.)
* #Beautiful – Mariah Carey feat. Miguel.
Go ahead and judge me. I’m 31 now and I don’t care if you know that I like Mariah Carey.
* Girl on Fire – Alicia Keys
* Heart of Gold – Neil Young
* I’m Goin’ Down – Bruce Springsteen
I have a Bruce Springsteen problem…
* The Long Run (Live) – The Eagles
* OM Namah Shivaya – MC Yogi feat. Bhagavan Das
What’s a yoga class without a little Sanskrit?
* 6th Avenue Heartache – The Wallflowers
WTF ever happened to The Wallflowers? Anybody?
* Beach Waves – Nature Sounds
* Desire (Ambient Mix) – Blank & Jones
This has been a crazy week, filled with crazy times for this crazy chick. As an aside, I was greatly aided by this book: