“Eye of newt, and toe of frog, Wool of bat, and tongue of dog, Adder’s fork, and blind-worm’s sting, Lizard’s leg, and owlet’s wing, For a charm of powerful trouble, Like a hell-broth boil and bubble.”
— William Shakespeare
It’s a really exciting week! Firstly, today is Halloween (no evening class tonight at Exhale for this mama). The second piece of news that I’m super jacked on is that my ridiculously talented bro-in-law just dropped his new album this week. It’s a kick ass outlaw record, written and recorded at his place in Kootenay Bay full of insightful lyrics and folky melodies. You can find it here. Jeff’s going to be doing some work on this page (guest playlist post?!) so you’ll get to meet him soon!! In the meantime, enjoy kicking it to his brilliant record.
Lets get down to brass tacks here. Naturally, today’s nooner yoga class is going to be forced to benefit from my love of things Halloween + Yoga. I’ve thrown in a few of my other (forgotten) faves so it’s kind of a dual theme this week. It’s entirely likely that I will hijack the playlist at our little Halloween shindig tonight also:
* What’s Up – 4 Non Blondes (Why do I always forget that I love this song? I love this song. You should check out this super awesome version by Evan Rachel Wood)
* Witchy Woman – Eagles (This conversation happened to me this weekend:
Mom: What are you dressing up as?
Me: a witch
Mom: So no costume?
* Zombie Zoo – Tom Petty
* Freakin’ At the Freaker’s Ball – Dr Hook (not safe for work…or children…or even about Halloween at all!)
* Sooner or Later – The Grass Roots
* Set Adrift on Memory Bliss – P.M. Dawn (DanceMix ’92!!!)
* The Autumn Leaves – ATB
* Lake of Fire – Nirvana (MTV Unplugged)
I hope all you little ghoulies have a safe and happy Halloween,