I’m so excited for this post.
My brother is not a yogi. He is a terrific brother, so I forgive him for never coming to class. He makes me laugh every day. He’s taught me to take myself a little less seriously. He was the dude who coined the Be a Tree title – he was making fun of me at the time, naturally.
He may not be a yogi, but he’s got great taste in music. He may be the only person I know with a more eclectic iPod playlist than me. I’m going to embed youtube links into this post on the off-chance that you’ve never heard (or heard of) some of these songs.
Be a Tree – Terry-style
* The Lightning Storm by Flogging Molly (bro’s notes: this is prob my fave song right now)
* Get Down On It by Kool & The Gang (bro’s notes: I’ve listened to it 5 times this month, apparently)
I beg you to watch this video. It’s magic.
* Only The Lonely by The Motels
* Nuthin But Da Cavi Hit by Mack 10 ft. Tha Dogg (***NSFW***)
* Ventura Highway by America
* Dear God by Avenged Sevenfold
* My Maria by Brooks and Dunn
* Barbara Streisand by Duck Sauce
Hahahahaha. This song makes me laugh so much.
* I Guess That’s Why They Call it the Blues by Elton John
* I Need Your Love by Calvin Harris ft. Ellie Goulding
* Welcome to the Club by Manian
* No Leaf Clover by Metallica ft San Francisco Symphony Orchestra
* Vincent by NOFX (I may not use this for Shavasana. We’ll see…)
Super grateful to my bro for sharing this playlist today and for being my bff every day.
PS If you are a nice girl and you want his phone number, let me know. I will carefully screen you and possibly hand it over.