Writing Challenge, Day 4 – but I wrote twice yesterday (and other excuses)
It’s Day four, it’s Saturday, it’s already the 82nd of January. My daughter is home from a week at her dad’s. She’s having a play date with her pal.
They’re bound to crop up, with varying degrees of effectiveness, all of them containing a grain of truth about what I should be doing rather than writing.
Today, these excuses include (but are not limited to):
– The load of laundry which needs to be changed over to the dryer
– My new Kitchenaid mixer, begging to be mixed with
– Meal plans are a good idea! I should make a meal plan! and a grocery list! I should text my mom and see if she’ll watch the kids while I go get groceries!
– I need to juice…
***interlude while I make and consume juice***
– My website needs to be more mobile-friendly. I should add more plugins. (Note – if you have trouble linking from your Smart Phone, click the “Home” button under the 404 Error Code. I swear I’m working on it!)
– I really did write twice yesterday.
This is what is so crucial and comforting about this writing challenge I have put upon myself. If I am to write every day, I must simply write. Every day. That’s it. I can’t promise that I will publish a blog about it every day, although examining my own holdups and hold-backs has been highly cathartic in this first week.
I really do want to succeed.
So, excuses be damned. Here I stand, laptop on the counter, forcing it out when it doesn’t want to be forced. Maybe I’ll post the second article I wrote yesterday…
And the cat really does need to be fed…
Grateful as much for my challenge as I am for my lack of parameters, I will now head off to make a meal plan.